Published Permissions

Sunday 6 August 2017

New Challenge at Penny Black and More - All Creatures Great and Small........


Good morning!

It's a new challenge over at Penny Black and More today and the new theme is " All Creatures Great and Small".  Do go over and check it out, there are prizes to be had too!!!

My design for this challenge has been made using the Penny Black 40-312 Sunny Pair, the sentiment is the 30-419 Happy Wishes set, the beautiful butterfly is the 40-099 Soft Wings and the floral background border is 40-100 Fanciful.

I started with a piece of Sheena Stamping Card and painted it with black gesso.  I then popped a layer of weathered wood on there (letting each layer dry completely in between).  When this was dry I painted on two lovely shades of purple and very light blue chalk paint and watched it crack before my eyes!!!!  Sealed then with Decoart Matte Medium. This formed my background and I was ready to start!

I stamped the Sunny Pair first with black versafine and topped it with clear embossing powder to set it. I've painted in the lovely sunflowers with some acrylics. The floral border was then stamped at the edges, just lightly so that you could see that it is there but subtly in the background.

The butterfly was stamped on to sheet music and stiffened by backing it onto very thick black card stock - I glued the sheet music to the black card with Americana Decoupage glue. Cut out the butterfly and painted it lightly with the same chalk paints but this time diluted down a touch.

The sentiment of Happy Happy Wishes was stamped with the Versafine ink and set with clear embossing powder.

Mat and layered on to a lovely periwinkle that I found, white and black.



I enjoyed making this one and I just love the quality of the stamps!!

I hope that you will join us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx








10 comments:

  1. I love the intensity of the purples and lilacs Leanne and like you love watching the crackles appear, it's always fun as you never know quite what you will end up with. And the yellow Sunflowers really pop from the background.

    So pleased you are enjoying working with your PB,s their quality is second to non and probably one of the reasons I've been hooked on them for many years. Oh and of course because they do lots of flowers !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crackling technique and you've used it to fab effect here with this wonderful rich background. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done Leanne! You do such amazing work on all of your creations! This one is no different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the purple and yellow and the worn paint background looks fabulous. The Butterfly is gorgeous too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,this is so beautiful again!
    Your latest works are also wonderful.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty, leanne! i love the purple and yellow with the background stamping and techniques you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wow is this Leanne, so many fab layers !!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. Its always wise to read what you are commenting on first as its not a card sweetie, but a gift tea bag holder.

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 've popped a new message on your blog Diane, I'm so sorry that I called your creation a card - knowing full well that it wasn't. I think my fingers and brain weren't working in tandom! I read all the blog posts thoroughly and read the other comments written too so I have no excuses - just a brain "blip"! Thank you for joining us at Penny black and more with such a lovely piece xxxx

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous creation Leanne, love the background.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete