Published Permissions

Friday 11 August 2017

A Thing of Beauty Is a Joy FOREVER.....


Morning folks!!!

I've done this card for inspiration on the Sheena's Ink-ettes Facebook page (a group page for everything Sheena Douglass) for this months challenge of "birds".

The background is a distress oxide one which was followed by some of Sheena's stencils, some hand doodling and if you look more closely some stencilling with feathers (from my cockatoo - Daisy) - DON'T PANIC, SHE WASN'T HARMED TO PRODUCE THIS CARD!!!!  I simply collect the larger feathers from the bottom of her cage when I clean her, disinfect them and away I go - free feathers!!!!

Lots of Sheena's stamps on here and the leaves at the front are one of her stencils which I have inked and cut around.

I finished off with a couple of Daisy's feathers that I spritzed with ink and attached for a more "bird like" feel.

The Hibiscus flowers have been finished off with a clear overlay sparkle pen which is pretty near impossible to pick up on camera but I've had a go for you 



Mat and layered on deep plum, white and black card stock.

If you would like to join the Sheena's Ink-ettes Facebook page, just click the request to join and we'll let you in and you can catch up with all things Sheena!!!

Oh, and say hi to Daisy!!!

                    
                                               

Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi leanne, zhis is a very beautiful card. Greta design.
    Have a nice Sunnday.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Leanne, the flowers and birds are beautifully coloured and really 'pop' against your inky background.
    Say 'Hi' back to Daisy, she looks as if she likes her photo taken.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete