Published Permissions

Tuesday 18 July 2017

For The Boys, mid month reminder at Penny Black and More...........


Good morning!

I'm sharing a make with you today that I've produced for the Penny Black and More challenge mid month reminder.

Now, you'll be saying - flowers? for the men "For The Boys"? - well yes! Sunflowers are very much accepted by men and my husband James loves sunflowers.  He has grown them for many years and loves to watch the bees happily crawling all over them!

For this project I have used the Penny Black 40-312 Sunny Pair stamp and the Penny Black 30-419 Happy Wishes stamp set for the sentiment.

I started out by stamping the flowers several times over the page.  I have used my Spectrum Aqua Markers to do the stamping here and then when stamped, I blended the colour in with water.  I wanted the flowers to have a bit more depth on here so I have finished the flowers off with my Polychromos. This does take some considerable time to get it right but keep with it - it's worth it in the end!

The sentiment was stamped with black versafine ink and then the background is a wash of the diluted aqua markers.  I have finished off with a fine touch of distress ink all around the edges.

Oh, and we mustn't forget that lovely bee must we - he's from the Penny Black 30-352 Animal Wisdom set!



Hope you'll come over and join us at Penny Black and More for our current challenge of "For The Boys".

Please remember that the main focal image of your design must be a hand stamped image - NO DIGI'S ALLOWED.

Good Luck!

I'd like to enter this card in to the current Craft Stamper challenge for July of "Anything Goes":-


Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne xx


7 comments:

  1. I can identify with the Leanne as my hubby loves flowers, especially yellow ones. Another super creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning card! I know many men who loves flowers, so why not;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a great card! Wonder-wonderful, love it.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something rather special about Sunflowers. My Brother grows them every year with his Grandchildren, which is such a lovely thing to do. Your Sunflowers are beautiful Leanne and your little Bee looks so realistic. I love the sentiment too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful .... I love sunflowers. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card and that bee looks like it could fly right off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leanne
    Fabulous creation, great stamps and design.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete