Published Permissions

Friday 9 June 2017

With Love............


Good morning!

It is with sadness that I have made this card for the last challenge that Chocolate Baroque will be offering.  I have loved this challenge but sadly, all good things come to an end at some time or another don't they?

So, I had to work with a colour swatch which was:


A lovely choice of colours that lend themselves to each other beautifully.


Here is how I got to it.  I started by just playing really with some Spectrum Aqua markers, glycerine and a sponge!  I also added some white drawing ink in to the mix and loved the effect that I got.

I then went on with my hills and then the flowers which have been coloured in with diluted aqua markers.  The butterflies have been coloured in with the new distress oxide inks.  The butterflies went on next and finally the sentiment.



I appreciate that the sentiment of "With Love" looks completely on the wonk - I can assure you that it is completely straight here at home!!! - I am working with a new phone and depending on how I angle it, sometimes the sentiments can look a little wonky or even blurry - I'm doing my best - the phone is more sensitive than I ever am!!!!

The antenna were just too fiddly to cut out so I decided to stamp the main image of the butterfly first in black versafine and then stick the cut out butterfly on to the top to give it perfect "feelers"!!!!!

Thank you to Lesley and all at Chocolate Baroque for a great challenge blog and I really hope that you will be able to bring it back to us some day - it will be missed....

I would like to enter this in to the final Chocolate Baroque colour swatch challenge:-

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x



7 comments:

  1. This is a real beauty Leanne and the colours are just perfect. I love the background and the flowers, and the Butterfly is stunning. I too have really enjoyed taking part in this challenge, if only for a short time and you've really done CB proud with all of your entries. Crafty hugs, Sandra x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation for our last (sadly) challenge at Chocolate Baroque, you really have risen to the colour inspiration stunningly, a beautiful Butterfly and a Digitalis, one of my favourite cottage garden flowers.

    Many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne. Your card is very pretty and I really like the way you have done the background. Very interesting.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Leanne. The techniques you have used are very effective. Thank you for joining in with the Chocolate Baroque challenge and good luck. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leanne, love the background on your card, a fabulous effect. A great combination of stamps to create your scene. Thanks for entering our final challenge on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful background, its stunning and sets the stamping off to perfection. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card. Fabulous background. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete