Published Permissions

Friday 16 June 2017

The Country Life...........


Good morning!

I'm sharing a make with you this morning that I have made for a friends birthday and yes...... he is a farmer!!!!!! (It just had to have a tractor on it!!!!).

I just love this stamp set by Sheena Douglass (The Country Life set).

I have started with a square of Sheena Stamping card and I used stencil tape to mark off the area in which I wanted to work (to leave a nice clean top and bottom of card).

First thing was to stamp that lovely tractor in black archival ink.  I didn't mask it as I didn't feel that I needed to.  I then put in those hills at the back with some green Momento ink and then a blue adirondack applied with a nice soft brush for the sky.

I then took my time painting in the tractor with diluted Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens.  

Now, Philip won't mind me saying this but he's not the tidiest farmer and so I wanted this tractor to look like it was an old one, just left in the yard like a lot of his old engines are!!!!!!! So I have stamped flowers and weeds all around it looking like they are growing through it!!!! He'll know what I've done!!!!!

Finished by stamping Happy Birthday and The Country Life underneath.

Mat and layered.



I think he'll like this!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne x

I would like to enter this in to the My Time To Craft Challenge of "Down on the Farm":-


5 comments:

  1. What better card could there be for a Farmer Leanne, it sounds and looks perfect. A set I might need to buy ready for one of our SIL's Birthday's.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Leanne with a great country feel. I'm sure that your friend will love it. Enjoy your weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fabulous image Leanne, I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Leanne. Love how you stamped the flowers all around and love the background you created. Gorgeous tractor image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. Perfect for a farmer. Well done.
    Carola x

    ReplyDelete