Published Permissions

Friday 23 June 2017

"Pack Up Your Troubles"...........(in your old kit bag and smile, smile smile!)........


Good morning!

Here is the other make that I made for Father's Day (you'll find the card from myself to my husband James on Wednesdays post) - this time it's the card that I made for my children to give to Dad last Sunday (Father's Day).

Now, James is super keen on militaria and the history of WWI and WWII and he loved this card!

I have made this card from the stamps in the Creative Expressions set "Pack Up Your Troubles".

I started off with a distress ink background and have added a Chocolate Baroque crackle effect stamp all over it - had to stamp it a few times to cover the area as the card is larger than the stamp!

I then stamped the soldier, then all the medals,  the plane was next and is a second generation stamp to put it nicely in to the background.  The sentiment was stamped on and finally "Blighty" twice, nice and pale on that background too.

Mat and layered in black and white.

James was quite impressed with this one and was more intrigued as to how I'd got hold of such brilliant stamps! - They are out there and available from Creative Expressions!


Hope you like this one and thank you for stopping by today,
Leanne xx










3 comments:

  1. Another really lovely piece of inspired stamping Leanne, sounds like a perfect one for James and isn't it so nice to find stamps that you can match to a recipient.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Leanne and perfekt.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful card and the stamps that you've used really are superb. I remember sitting as a little girl with my Nanna who would sing all the old war songs and Pack Up Your Troubles was one of them.......Happy Memories. This card was just perfect for James. Wishing you a happy and colourful weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete