Published Permissions

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Happy Father's Day Husband...........


Good morning!

I'm sharing a make with you today that I made for my husband James for last Sunday (Father's Day).

James has a love of old American trucks (but he was quick to point out that this is a right hand drive truck????😕!!!!!). - I never noticed when I was working with it???!!!!!

Although this looks layered, this card is indeed a one layer card (all on one piece of card stock and mat and layered at the end of the make).

I started by stamping the lovely truck (Darkroom Door) and I have coloured that in with diluted distress inks. When I was happy with this middle section and it was completely dry, I masked it off with a masking sheet and then worked on the background with distress oxides.

This card is a perfect example for you to see the transparency of distress inks compared to the opaqueness of distress oxides, you can really nicely see the difference between the two - ( and how nicely they work together on a project).

I removed the masking sheet from the truck section and stamped my sentiment and "Husband" on there.


Mat and layered in black and white.

James loved it (even though he did notice it was a right hand drive truck!!!!).

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you've enjoyed your visit,
Leanne xx






2 comments:

  1. It's a perfect image for James by the sounds of things Leanne - even if it is right hand drive, like you I would probably not have noticed. Very striking matting and layering which really draw the eye.

    Nice inky background as well, also loving playing with the oxides, so very different and fun as well.

    Keep cool.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely stamp Leanne and I really like what you've done with it. It really does look like a print. I had to laught when you mentioned what James said as my other half would said the same thing! I forgot to say that I love your inky background too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete