Published Permissions

Sunday 4 June 2017

..... Always be a mermaid!


Good morning!

Well here I am with an offering that I have made for the current Try It On Tuesday Challenge of "Feathered Friends".

Now, I have a huuuuuge love of Cornwall so I went down the road of thinking of feathered friends? - seagulls! Well, they may well not be everybody's friends, I'll give you that - but they are to a mermaid!!!!

So here I have developed a lovely, coastal scene by using the free stamps that came with Creative Stamping magazine.


How useful are these - they are excellent!

So I built up my scene by firstly stamping the mermaid, then stamped the waves along with the seagulls and masked them all off with drawing gum.

I then applied some gesso to the sky and dried it off. Once dry, I could apply (from the top of the page downwards) some adirondack ink with a clarity brush for the sky, then came down with the sea.

When I was happy, the drawing gum was rubbed away and the images coloured with diluted distress inks and then I finished the mermaids tail with a Spectrum Noir clear overlay pen.



There, you can see the shine from the beautiful clear overlay pen.


I finished by stamping the sentiment and adding the boat for them all to look out at, some birds in the sky and applying some colour around those posts that the birds are standing on.

Mat and layered.

I would like to enter this in to the Try It On Tuesday challenge of "Feathered Friends":-

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today, nice to see you!
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x






9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, lovely stamp set, too. Thanks for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of that fabulous stamp set, love this Leanne.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and great use of the stamp set

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those free stamps are amazing. I might have to go off in search of them next week! It's a lovey Summer card Leanne and I love how you've coloured it, it looks wonderful. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fantastic card, you have created a great scene with the stamps. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Leanne, I love the coastal scene you created with the free stamps and it's a great take on our theme.
    Thanks for sharing at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful scene! Great card! Thank you for joining TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scene you created! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great stamp set and you have put it all together in an awesome way!!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete