Published Permissions

Monday 26 June 2017

A Love of the Sea...........


Good morning!

Well, I'm off on my hollybobs very soon and if this doesn't put me in the mood, nothing will!!!!!

I've had another play with the free stamps that came with Creative Stamping magazine AND I LOVED IT!!!!

This card started with me stamping the lighthouse island, unusually for me I masked it off using a post it note.  I worked on the sky next by stamping the clouds with gesso and allowing it to dry.  Have you guessed what I did the clouds with yet?????????  Shall I show you?????


Yes! The large heart from this Leonie Pujol stamp set!!!!

When the gesso was dry I could paint over the top of them with some diluted distress inks and then I added some fluffy stuff around the tops - can you see, they are the tops of the hearts!!!!

The sun was added using a mask and the yellow went on with a makeup sponge.

The waves were stamped in front of the light house, the sea painted in and then the waves highlighted with a white pen.

The rock on the right doesn't exist!  That's me with a piece of torn paper and a smoothie and some distress ink! - but it gave my lovely seagull somewhere to rest didn't it?

The boat was stamped and if you look closely I have added some hearts down the side of the boat too (these were from another Leonie Pujol stamp set).


The heart shaped rope is another stamp in this free set which has been shaded in with distress ink and cut out.  

The blue mat was stamped with lots of lovely hearts and The Love of the Sea stamped with my Clarity alphabet - this did come out a bit wonky but I liked it so I stuck with it!!! - The sea is a wonky place you know!!!!

Finally I stamped the sentiment of Let Your Dreams Set Sail.

Black mats in-between.

There, Cornwall here I come! Can you sense my love of the sea? I tell you, it's not as big as my two Goldren Retrievers' love of the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today,
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x

I would like to enter this in to the Country View Challenge of "Hearts":-

Craft Stamper June Take It Make It Challenge:-












6 comments:

  1. I love this card, you've really done a superb job with those free stamps. I've looked all over for them but without any luck I'm afraid, they really are a fabulous collection. I'm sure making this card will have really put you in a holiday mood, it's a beauty. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lianne, your card is sooo beautiful. There is a lot to see.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your fabulous entry into our Challenge over at Country View Challenges this month !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so late Leanne, but better late than never I guess, a gorgeous coastal inspired creation and so tactile, one of those you want to reach out and touch.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leanne, what a great card. You have created such a sweet seaside scene here with all those stamps. Thanks so much for joining our hearts challenge over at Country View. Enjoy your holiday, Cornwall is so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete