Published Permissions

Monday 20 March 2017

Learn To Dance In The Rain!


Good morning!

Here is something a bit "fresh" looking for you today!

How is this card to keep you in a positive mind set! " Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain" - absolutely! There is too much in life to drag you backwards these days, I'm a very positive person and I always look to the bright side (that glass is always half full!) and when I came across this sentiment stamp in my stash I decided to use it!

Lets take our journey and see how I got there....


OK, I started with a piece of Sheena Stamping card that I'd had a previous play with using my gelli plate.  Here I have used my misti to place down my rubber stamp of some blotches where I wanted it to look like rain was falling. Have to confess, I have no idea the maker of the stamps here!



I have stamped my image of the girl here - Inkylicious - (second generation stamp so that it wasn't too bold - I wanted everything to look a bit "washed out!".  I then placed some blobs of watercolour paint at her feet and blew them outwards with a straw so that it looked like she was splashing in a puddle.  The raindrops were stamped on (Designs By Ryn) and some glossy accents have been added over the top of them. The sentiment was last which matched perfectly (again, Inkylicious). 


A couple of mats and layers and I was done! You can see the glossy accents on the raindrops a bit better here. I have swiped some ink across the page using an ink duster sprayed with water to give that impression of wet ground.

Quite a quick card to produce for me but great fun, quite "loose" work, I achieved what I wanted -  the feeling of water all around.

Hope you've enjoyed todays journey,
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx



1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite stamps and sentiment sets and I love what you've done with it Leanne. You have achieved a sense of water all around and the colours are perfect. I really like how your lady is dancing in the rain and how you've created a splash at her feet. I shall add this one to my Inkylicious board on Pinterest. Much love and crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete