Published Permissions

Friday 17 February 2017

What a bloke!


Good morning!

Well, this is the card that I made for my husband James for Valentine's Day.  I haven't got a step by step on this one so I'll talk you through how I got there.....

I started with my Sheena stamping card and used a heart stencil that had an "inney" and an "outey" section.  I popped the outey section on the card first and smoothed distress ink around that heart so that I knew where I was starting and where I was heading!

Having placed the inney part of the stencil over the heart to mask it, I laid down some distress ink all around it from reds, light brown and orange. Keeping that inney part of the stencil firmly on that heart I stamped my Sheena Douglass Everyday Rose stamp over the top and the small hearts that you see in the top right hand corner.  I also stamped the same hearts in white colorbox ink in the top left hand corner so that they would show over that lovely rich red.

Next, I removed the stencil from the heart and using normal household bleach I took some of the colour out of the roses.  

The outer part of the stencil went back on and I enriched the red within the heart.

When I was happy with the colours I stamped the man and the sentiments (both Sheena Douglass) in versafine black onyx - a great stamp!- love it!

I stamped "My Husband, My Valentine" (Clarity Stamp alphabet) on to parchment paper in versafine ink and set it by adding clear embossing powder then attached to the card.

Mat and layered.



I was pleased with this one and James seemed to be too!

Hope you like it.

I would like to enter this in to the Cards In Envy challenge of "Be My Valentine":-

Artistic Stamper - "Love Hearts":-
Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne xx






No comments:

Post a Comment