Published Permissions

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Love Is All You Need.........


Good morning!

This is my input for this months Indigoblu challenge of "Love is all you need".

I went for "Pomp and Pageantry"!  I have taken photo's along the way so let's take our usual journey and see how I did this one shall we?:-


OK, first thing to notice is that of course, the man and lady face the same way on the original stamps so my first challenge was to reverse one of them so that they at least looked like they were "together" and a couple (well, wouldn't be good if they were looking away from each other would it!!!!!).


There, with a bit of magic (using my brayer to reverse the image of the lady) we have a "couple" - I was pleased with this.

You will also notice at this point that I have extended her dress (and parasol) quite a way because I thought it would look odd if the gentleman had feet and the lady didn't!

I have then used an Inkables stencil from Bee Crafty to shade in the lovely big heart behind them.  

As is very usual for me, I often start off with one idea for a piece of artwork and then "go with the flow" as it develops.  At this point I was quite happy that this was going to work keeping this piece to a monochrome colour scheme.


Here I have cut a mask out and stuck it over the heart shape so that I could work on that background behind them.



 I wanted to keep to the "pomp and pageantry" theme so I decided that I would make Union Jack hearts using the Union Jack flag stamp from the same set.  So, I masked off a heart shape, inked it while the mask was in position, removed the mask and stamped - it worked very well. I did this twice.



So I've now built up my background using Indigoblu stencils with distress ink and white texture paste.


The sentiment is computer generated.

Backed on to some black card that I'd die cut through and mat and layered up.

What do you think? - Thoroughly a British affair don't you think! - classy!

I would like to enter this in to the Indigoblu challenge - "Love is all you need":-

Hope you enjoyed your journey today,
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x






3 comments:

  1. Hello Leanne, what a card! Love how you have used so many clever techniques to build up the layers on your card.Brilliant. Thank you for joining in with this months IndigoBlu Blog Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - this is fabulous - I love this! Thanks for joining indigoblu! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one Leanne. You've done a wonderful job reversing the image with your Brayer and she looks just perfect standing next to her gentleman. I really like how the card has different layers of interest and there really is so much to look at. It has a wonderful vintage feel and great colour tone too, it's a superb piece of art. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete