Published Permissions

Friday 30 December 2016

There is beauty in simplicity......


Good morning!  Hope you've had a lovely Christmas.

As it's rather a busy time at the moment I thought we'd take a look at a piece of artwork that I did a month or so ago using what I call "brayer clean up" card - yes, you've got it, when I'm creating a piece of artwork with a brayer, I clean off the brayer on to another piece of card stock!


Now, the only photograph I have of the background to this card is with another brayer clean up piece so I tell you what I'll do - I'll blog the second piece (the green/yellow one) on Monday and you can see where that one went too (sound like a plan?).  OK, lets take our journey with the one at the bottom this time.


Now I have to confess, there wasn't many photo's taken but here you can see where I was going with it.  I have started to layer up with the use of several stencils.  Gesso has been used and some Imagination Crafts Starlights paints for some shimmer on there too.  In the bottom left hand corner I have used some clear paste through a heart stencil, left it to dry and then sponged on some colour (similar to what was already there) to bring out those hearts.

A few circles with white acrylic paint using old lids.


Woohoo! Look at those starlights shine!!!


A bit of enhancement of the bubbles and the sentiment stamped in perfect medium and finished in white embossing powder and it was done.

Not bad from a piece of "waste" card!!! Clever brayer!!!!

Hope that's given you some inspiration to think about how one project can bounce off of the back of another?

Look out for the other brayer clean up piece on Monday.

Wishing you all a very happy new year - enjoy yourselves and most importantly, keep safe.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx











5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Leanne, well done you! There's so much of interest here and every time I look, I find something different in the background. I'm very impressed with your use of the brayer too, I have one which permanently lives in a drawer! I get it out occasionally but then I seem to waste so much card, so away it goes again. Thank you for today's inspiration. Wishing you a happy day. Crafty hugs, Sandra x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mop up pieces often have more interesting textures to them than the original piece of artwork itself. Fabulous use of colours and the brayer, which is by the way, a very fave tool of mine and a must have piece of equipment in the craft room.

    Love how everything looks defined and has its own space on the card Leanne. It is quite hard sometimes to make a background that is busy but then have to showcase the main image and not loose it. You have done this perfectly on this make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Great background and design.
    I wish you a happy new year.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete