Published Permissions

Sunday 20 November 2016

Nan.....







Good morning!

An extra blog this week again.  This card has been made for my children to give to my mother - it's her birthday on Christmas Eve and yes, (she'll be 70 - be we won't mention numbers anymore!!!).

The card has an almost eerie feeling to it but we must remember that it is for a bang on Christmas birthday and I wanted it to be and feel angelic.

I must admit, I didn't think I would put this on the blog but was so pleased with it's outcome I changed my mind and when I saw a challenge at That's Crafty that it matched perfectly for (but by then, it's too late to think about photo's - oops!!!!!).

This card started as an old background that I had made on the gelli plate using Sheena's stamping card.  You can just about see at the bottom that it was made with the help of acrylic paints and bubble wrap!

So, firstly I stamped my angel (isn't she beautiful and graceful) - by Crafty Individuals.  (so within her you see the original piece of gelli plate painted card and how light it was at first).  I then masked her off with masking fluid.  I needed to tone down this background so I knocked the colour back with some gesso dragged down over it and let that dry.  Then toned it down again with some distress ink (I'm not sure what colour I've used, could be weathered wood?).  Then rubbed away the masking fluid.  Stamped a first generation sentiment of "love"(by Visible Image) at the bottom and a second generation at the top, stamped "Nan" and added die cut numbers.

Backed it on to some of the original gelli plate print ripped in to two strips and then on to a further mat that I have stamped some circles on using old bottle lids and white gesso and gold starlights paint.

Mat and layered with silver card stock and finished with some black glue dots.

How angelic is that! With a bit of glitter it would have been a fabulous Christmas card - no, brain off, I can't use my mums birthday card from my children for a christmas card - or can I??? - NO!!!!!!!

"Happy Birthday Nan" with lots of love from Hayley and Katie xxx

I would like to enter this card in to the That's Crafty challenge "There must be an angel":-

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx

1 comment:

  1. Great card Love all those painty layers x I am sure your Mum will love it - 70 AWESOME !!

    ReplyDelete