Published Permissions

Friday 25 November 2016

A Strong Woman believes.......Season's Greetings




Good morning!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed making this card!  It wasn't the fastest card I've ever made but I was really "deep in to it" every step of the way - have you ever been there?!!!

Somehow, I did remember to stop every now and then and take photo's along the way so lets take our usual journey shall we?


Ok, started with my usual piece of Sheena stamping card and stamped the main image - time traveller steampunk woman by Sheena Douglass.  I then stamped the propeller from Sheenas' voyage of discovery stamp set - these were all stamped with Archival watering can ink.  I then masked off the woman and the propellers with masking fluid and started to fill the open space with holly and ivy stamps by Clarity Stamp.  The drawing gum was then rubbed away.


I laid some lace over the top and sprayed through with some Cosmic Shimmer spray mist.




I then set to colouring in the holly and ivy and woman with Spectrum Noir colouring pencils and I finished the pine cones and berries with alcohol pens.

It was coming together!!

I painted in some diluted spectrum aqua pen ink around the woman to "pop" her out.

I then decided to stamp the sentiment from this same stamp set "A Strong Woman believes she can do anything and she does" at the bottom and stamped "Seasons Greetings" out and die cut round it and attached it to one of the lovely bunches of holly. Sponged distress ink around both sentiments and attached.

Mat and layered.


What a card to give to a strong woman - or just someone special that you feel deserves to know that you think that they are strong and inspirational - you know, I know exactly who I am going to give this card to this Christmas.....

Hope you've enjoyed the journey today and that you like what you see, let me know with a kind comment, I love to read your views on my work - it makes it all worthwhile!,

I would like to enter Moving Along With The Times challenge of "Anything Goes.....with Christmas":-
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/34-anything-goes-with-christmas.html

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xx

2 comments:

  1. I really do enjoy the journey with your cards Leanne, thank you:) This is really quite unusual for a Christmas card and I think it would be just perfect for a young lady. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, quite unique, lovely card thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete