Published Permissions

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Happy Umpteenth Birthday!!!!!


Good morning! - An extra post this week so that I could squeeze this card in to the Moving Along With The Times current challenge - birthday cake!

I did remember to take a few photo's along the way so here we go......


Started with my usual blank piece of white card stock and stamped this lovely birthday cake (could be a wedding cake or any celebration cake really) from Inkylicious and masked it off with drawing gum.


Then I stamped my birthday candle across the front of the cake, straight over the masked off cake so that the cake would eventually sit in front of the candles.  Masked off the candles as I went too. Stamped my balloons so that they were coming off of the cake and masked those also.


Then the messy part started!!!!!! My favourite!!!!

I painted white gesso all over the front of the images and when dry started to added some gelato's.  Because I was working on dried gesso and the paper had been effectively primed, I blended the gelato's with my finger and then splattered with water and lifted the paint away.


The final phase was to take off some of the Gelato's by rubbing through a stencil, then I added some distress inks back on through a couple of other stencils.

I carefully rubbed away all the drawing gum to reveal all the images, diluted the Gelato's and painted the candles and balloons with them.
Added the sentiment "Happy Umpteenth Birthday" and attached to it two further balloons with foam tape and a further one (the lilac one) on to the cake.  Glossy Accents were added to make the balloons shine and some fancy glitter with stars and nice shiny pieces were added to the Glossy Accents and dried within it. Finally coloured some pearls with alcohol markers and attached those to ground the balloons.

Matted and Layered.

Bright and cheerful!!

I would like to enter this in to Moving Along With The Times challenge - birthday cake.

Pleased with that, ideal for a numbered birthday perhaps where you just don't want to mention the age!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx









1 comment:

  1. I love your beautiful card, your card has lovely colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Moving Along With The Times. Beckie

    ReplyDelete