Published Permissions

Friday 9 September 2016

Happy Anniversary Husband......


Good morning!

Todays blog is a card made for my husband James for tomorrow 10th September (no, he's not allowed to look at this blog until tomorrow!!!!) - our 22nd Wedding Anniversary.

James loves his cars so I thought this design was rather sweet, so, started with my usual white piece of card stock.   I've stamped the lovely little old car first (Joy Crafts) then I masked it with masking fluid.

The next stage was to use a heart inkable stencil (Inkylicious) and drag in some distress ink around the edges so that I could see the heart and knew where I was going.  

I filled in the top section of the heart with some blue distress ink to sort of give me a sky and then I stamped some trees and grounded those with the same colour distress ink as I had inked the heart with.

Went straight over the top of my masked off car with the lovely green bushy trees (so that they appeared behind the car when I rubbed off the masking fluid.

Added a couple more trees coming up from behind the green trees.

Painted Glossy Accents on the windows of the car for shiny glass, framed the whole design with a lovely brown leather effect card stock frame cut from Sue Wilsons dies and I was done!

Very happy with this one and I hope that James will be too tomorrow!

"Happy Anniversary James" xxx

I would like to enter this card in to:-

Sweet Stampin Challenge - Weddings/Anniversary/Love.

Country View Challenges - September challenge - Travel.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx



9 comments:

  1. You should be happy with this Leanne it is adorable.

    Happy Anniversary for tomorrow have a good one.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, this one was put in the spotlight on Sweet Stampins' challenge yesterday - really pleased,
      Leanne x

      Delete
  2. Oh this is really lovely! Such a great scene, beautifully designed. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy, I was over the moon to be put in the spotlight - thank you soooo much!
      Leanne x

      Delete
  3. This is really lovely Leanne, fabulous stamping and beautifully coloured. I hope you both had a very Happy Anniversary. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Sue and for your kind anniversary wishes too!
    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That means a lot, thank you so much Dora,
    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and your husband! A long travel together =)
    Your card is beautiful! Love the stamped car and your background.
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Country View Challenges!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind of you Evelyn - thank you so much! Your comments are really appreciated.
      Leanne X

      Delete