Published Permissions

Monday 22 August 2016

Exam Success.....Congratulations!


Good morning!! Well, last week (when I made this card) I was a very proud Mum indeed! My daughter Hayley received her A Level results (taken aged 17 - a year early) of A* A* A so hence - this card was produced!!

I've done a step by step so that you can follow how I got there:-

Started with my usual piece of blank white card stock and using a smoothie, sponged over tea dye Distress Ink.


Then I stamped my beautiful owl (Sheena Douglass), his mortarboard hat (Clarity Stamps) and a further branch (Lavinia Stamps) with perfect medium and embossed with matt clear embossing powder.


So, not as shiny as clear embossing powder but enough to give me a resist from further paints.


A better look at the embossing and I've now added some branches (Inkylicious) and leaves (Darkroom Door).



Then, I sprinkled some brushos on to a square acrylic block (orange, dark brown, light brown and sandstone).  Spritzed the block with water and laid my card down on to it to give me a darker background and then of course, the embossing resisted the brusho paints.


I used some of the excess paints on the acrylic block to "paint in" the leaves and some of the lower feathers on my owl. I added some further Distress Inks (aged mahogany, tea dye and rusty hinge) to help balance the colours how I liked them. Then used aged mahogany Distress Ink to sponge through a couple of stencils, embossed his mortarboard hat in black and left the whole thing to dry off.



To finish things off, I used some household bleach to take out some of the colour on my owl (the embossing works a treat to keep the bleach within the image) and got out my Spectrum Noir pencils to finish Mr Owl off so that he looks like he's got feathers!

Added randomly computer generated "Exam Success Congratulations!" sentiment.

Really pleased with that but not as pleased as I was of my daughter Hayley - so proud of her!

I would like to enter this card in to the following -


My Time To Craft - "Embossing"

Thanks for stopping by,
A very proud Mum, Leanne xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fantastic. You implemented the technique beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing at FSC.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne, before a comment on your card, I would like to congratulate your Daughter Hayley on her amazing exam results, you must be such a proud Mum, and quite rightly so. :). You've also worked hard on this fabulous card, and I for one will be happy to give you top marks. The various selection of stamps that you've used all work together perfectly and I really like your colour palette. Thank you for joining us at Fasionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, your lovely comments are much appreciated - thank you soooo much, Leanne xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great technique! Love the final outcome. Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft Challenge Blog. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you again.
    Crafty hugs,
    Ema
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete