Published Permissions

Saturday 25 June 2016

Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful...

Good Morning!  It's the WEEKEND!!!!!!

Here is a card that I have made for the Fashionable Stamping Challenge for June "Beautiful Blooms".

This is a stunning stamp by Sheena Douglass.  I firstly stamped the rose with Distress Inks and then masked the image over with drawing gum.  I then used Aquatints to paint the background straight over the image and the masking fluid.  When dry I placed a stencil over the card and spritzed with water and lifted the stencil immediately.  When it dries you see the lovely image of your stencil come through in a lovely diluted form.  I then rubbed off the masking fluid and with an almost dry paint brush (just damp) I moved the distress ink around on the flower and the leaves and painted in the stem.

Some matching Distress Ink around the edge to give some depth and a stamped sentiment.

A stunning flower and I think the colours here really make the rose "pop" off of the page.

I would like to enter this in to the Fashionable Stamping Challenge for June "Beautiful Blooms".

Happy with that! Hope you like it too.

Leanne xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping and colour on a really pretty card Leanne and such depth of colour on the Rose, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Leanne! I looove the background effect, it really makes the flower image 'pop'.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Leanne, that flower really 'pops' against that lovely inky background.
    Thanks for sharing at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete